Re: How can i enter value during rpm -i and use them during the postinstall process?

Matthew,

Thanks for the reply.

So if I cannot pass values by using "rpm -i software_a.rpm STRING1 STRING2",
then can i do the following:

"export STRING="xxx"; export STRING2="yyy"; rpm -i software_a.rpm"

then in the postinstall section,

I will do the following:

"echo ${STRING1}"
"echo ${STRING2}"

Will this work instead of the orginal rpm usage then i posted?

Thanks

Barry