Problem with rpm --rebuilddb

Hi,
I'm having an issue rebuilding my db on my RH9 box after I ran into some problems. It all started when I tried importing the Fedora GPG key into rpm. After that I started getting pages and pages of:

error: rpmdbNextIterator: skipping h#...

I read around on the list and someone said I needed to remove the lock files and rebuild my DB. I did that and I started getting:

error: db4 error(16) from dbenv->remove: Device or resource busy

about three seconds into the rebuild. I tried removing PubKeys as someone on the list suggested, but that didn't change anything. The problem I have is that the rebuild only takes 3-5 seconds now before hitting the db4 error, and afterwards an "rpm -qa" only shows about 20 packages. Have I destroyed my db?

Thanks,

Derek

| Derek Chen-Becker                                             |
| derek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                         |
| http://chen-becker.org                                        |
| PGP key available on request or from public key servers       |
| ID: 21A7FB53                                                  |
| Fngrprnt: 209A 77CA A4F9 E716 E20C  6348 B657 77EC 21A7 FB53  |