Re: generating images of hosts with ghost

Just curious, would this work (assuming ide drives and same hardware on
both boxes)...

as root:
fdisk -l /dev/hda

boot the redhat first cd (or boot floppy) and run fdisk creating the same
partitions as listed in the fdisk command above.  format ext3, mkswap,
etc.  Install this drive on the original Linux box as /dev/hdc primary
ide2.

then:
cat /dev/hda /dev/hdc

There is a way to dump the partition table out to a file then install it
on the other drive, but I'm not sure.  You would still have to create a
file system though.

I'm not sure if /dev/hdc has to be mounted or not - or if any of this will
actually work?

jay