Boot CD does not recognize Linux?

I am trying to build a bootable CD that I can use in rescue mode. I can
successfully create an iso by using the info on CD-Recordable Package version
1.3 at http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/.

I have added all files and folders from Shrike CD 1 to the build. The iso
builds and burns on a CDRW without any problems.

I boot the CD, do a linux rescue, and respond english, us, local cdrom. At
this point the system tells me it cannot find a Linux CD (Linux CD Not
Found). If I put in the Linux CD or boot from it, everything runs.

Is there something special about the Shrike CD that the boot process looks
for during the boot process? Why does it not see all the files that are on
the CD?

I want to build the bootable rescue CD with some other items on it (such as
nc).

Suggestions?