Re: generating images of hosts with ghost

the rescue must be done with the installation cd?
Because i tried to do this, but the problem is that not at all of the partitions are recognized by linux since the extended partition was altered during the cloning...i mean, the start block is the same than the end block....and all of the partition within the extended are not recognized by linux.
I tried, too, to redefine all the partitions according to the original partition table, but it doesnÂt work because some partiitions were corrupt.
I will go on testing rescueing my linux.
if you have other ideas....email me please!
thanx

Ng Chin Leong wrote:
I have been using Norton Ghost 2003 to clone my linux machine. So far it
works successfully, but you gotto do a linux rescue after that.