Re: The end of RHL for private use? [was: Fedora vs. RHL]

Keith Morse wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, John Haxby wrote:

> > I may be wrong, but didn't I read somewhere that RHEL *sources*
> > would be freely available for download (by which I understood src
> > rpms) which means that it wouldn't be beyond someone, a lot of
> > people in fact, to maintain a binary version of RHEL built from
> > source.
>
> They are, at least on any of the ftp/rsync mirrors I've seen so far.
> Maybe even a bigger question are errata (update) rpms.  So far all
> I've seen/heard is that the RHEL subscription provides for a
> quarterly update cd.  And I haven't seen these in srpm form yet.

Which is why I didn't consider this an option, plus the fact that my
management doesn't like "selfmade" software. Furthermore, I would feel
like cheating if I did... It's not RHEL what I want or need, it's good
old RHL as it has been until 7.3...

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/