Re: The end of RHL for private use? [was: Fedora vs. RHL]

Martin Stricker wrote:

Both at work and at home I want a stable and reliable system with a long
lifespan. Fast changes are dangerous! If I wanted that, I'd go for
Mandrake or S.u.S.E... Currently I run RHL 7.3 in both places, which now
need to be replaced because errata support ends. Fedora isn't an option.
Red hat Enterprise might be an option at work, but with the bad economy
the budget is very tight. I'm not saying Red Hat is too expensive, but
there is Debian...

I may be wrong, but didn't I read somewhere that RHEL *sources* would be freely available for download (by which I understood src rpms) which means that it wouldn't be beyond someone, a lot of people in fact, to maintain a binary version of RHEL built from source.

jch