The end of RHL for private use? [was: Fedora vs. RHL]

Buck wrote:

> Don't try to read in or out anything.  I talked to Red Hat Sales.
> The man told me that RED HAT will not be offering the demo or basic
> up2date service any longer.  Up2date on Red Hat is only available
> with the purchase of one of the three enterprise products.

So if I use RHL/Fedora on my private box, where I really don't need an
enterprise OS and definitely no support, I'm out in the rain without
regular and automatic updates? Not good! I really hope Red Hat makes
up2date available for the home user as well, or I'm forced to look for
another distro (Debian I guess). Would be a pity...

So Red Hat again changed direction in it's politics. Since around the
introduction of RHL 8.0 Red Hat changed their politics several times,
after beeing straightforward for so many years... Even my bosses have
noticed, and asked me to look for a Linux distro manufacturer which
doesn't confuse their customers. I think I will vote for Debian - the
developers show an annoying degree of arrogance, but at least I can be
sure that won't change... ;-)))

Frustrated,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/