Re: The end of RHL for private use? [was: Fedora vs. RHL]

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 16:13, Martin Stricker wrote:

<snip...>

> So if I use RHL/Fedora on my private box, where I really don't need an
> enterprise OS and definitely no support, I'm out in the rain without
> regular and automatic updates? Not good! I really hope Red Hat makes
> up2date available for the home user as well, or I'm forced to look for
> another distro (Debian I guess). Would be a pity...

...Umm, unless I am also misinformed, I believe it has already been
established hat RHN will carry Fedora updates. It's also been said
already that you can still subscribe to RHN, renew existing
subscriptions and that your existing subscriptions will be automatically
transferred to RHN updates for Fedora. If the Basic Service Entitlement
at $60/year goes away, there is still also the Enterprise Service
Entitlement at $96/year. That's still a reasonable amount to pay for a
year's worth of RHN as far as I'm concerned.

I'm just surprised at how many people are complaining so loudly about
having to pay for a service. Sheesh...

Chris