Re: The end of RHL for private use? [was: Fedora vs. RHL]

Martin Stricker said:
> Buck wrote:
>
>> Don't try to read in or out anything.  I talked to Red Hat Sales.
>> The man told me that RED HAT will not be offering the demo or basic
>> up2date service any longer.  Up2date on Red Hat is only available
>> with the purchase of one of the three enterprise products.
>
> So if I use RHL/Fedora on my private box, where I really don't need an
> enterprise OS and definitely no support, I'm out in the rain without
> regular and automatic updates? Not good!
[snip]

I think everyone is jumping the gun (talking to sales people or not).
Take a wait and see attitude.  For example (and note the "this is not an
official statement"):
http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-beta-list/2003-September/msg01231.html

--
William Hooper