Re: Quick Apache Question

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm not using .htaccess to restrict access based on a username and
password. I'm using it with mod_rewrite to make short URL's in Postnuke,
so when a user comes in with a URL that should be re-written, it will
direct him to the proper page.

The .htaccess file in my root directory (/var/www/html) has all of the
rewrite rules in it. But when a user tries to come in with a short URL, he
gets a 404 error.

Thanks,
-ben