Re: RFC-1855, Time, Money, and this email list.

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 17:31:38 at 05:31:38PM -0700, ___cliff rayman___ (cliff@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> it is not the "wrong" way.  we are not writing about a computer
> protocol here, we are writing about human interaction.

What is the difference? Protocols define _exactly_ how to interact.
They're just commonly called "good manners" when about human
interaction.
When you are exchanging pure text with many distant unknown people,
the more you follow the *existing* protocol the better. Try to send
1000 resumes written alternating upper and lower case, and count the
answers you get. Face to face it would be different, of course: you
can swap the order of words for example, almost nobody will refuse to
talk with you, just think this Yoda-like guy is weird.

> >Is it better for just you or does it help everyone?
> >
> i think this is individualized.  depends on your mailreading style.  i
> am sure that many would benefit from a "top posting" world.  :-)

I am sure that all would benefit from people trimming unnecessary
parts. In your other reply you sent again to the whole list 3 lines of
answer *and* the whole unchanged message to which you replied.
And note that this reply, which I guess will fit whole in almost
everybody's window, is neither top nor bottom post.

Ciao,
	Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Your education begins where what is called your education is over.