Re: RFC-1855, Time, Money, and this email list.

Jonathan Gardner wrote:

Unfortunately, I can't remember the thread. I am following 20+ mailing lists, each with several simultaneous conversations.

part of it depends on the complication of the topic as well. two c++ lists trump
25 friendly chat lists. :-)

I actually read the quoted parts before the reply, to catch up with the topic. Having the quotes at the top means I can read the post from top-to-bottom rather than bottom-to-top.

i only need to do this for e-mail messages that are sent with a large time delay, or for a thread
i was not following, but decided was interesting in the middle. in this case, i can scroll down
to read more details.

This method actually saves me a tremendous amount of time. It has become the standard on USENET and most mailing lists that I can think of. These people have tried numerous ways and different ideas, and in the end, the best idea won. I think you should try it first before complaining.

huh?? i'm sorry, this comment does not make any sense. i've been reading usenet and bbs since
phone lines were the only normal users way of attachment. i read bottom posted e-mails
everyday and for the past 15 years. i find it very frustrating to scroll to simply read the reply,
hence, i responded to this thread. i want users out there to understand that there is more
than one way of thinking about this issue. doesn't RFC stand for "Request For Comments"?

-- ___cliff rayman___cliff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://www.genwax.com/