Re: OpenOffice && ( Linux server && Windows clients LAN network )

>> Is it a way to let a password protected access to subdirectories of this drive t: to each client, such that each client has his own password/subdirectory ? <<

Yes, sort of, I do it this way: Each user is set up three times with the same username and password each time. (1) Windows network login, (2) a normal linux user account, (3) a samba user password.

(Yes, that's a pain and a security risk... but I trust me.<g>)

After this, the single windows login is accepted by linux and each user has a private /home/username directory on the samba server. In /etc/samba/smb.conf that share is done this way:

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	read only = No
	browseable = No

In addition, I have a group named staff and have a common file area on the samba server that's available to all the members of the group. This requires setting permissions just right and I couldn't describe it off the top of my head. I can look it all up if you need it.

>> Is it feasible to let each client print his documents on his personal printer ? <<

Since each windows workstation is running the win32 version of OO locally, it's just a windows question.