Re: Extra programs for Red Hat

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 04:02, Audioslave - 7M3 - Live wrote:
> I'm just confused about the elimination of harmless or programs related
> to multimedia, being eliminated.

The reasons were mostly legal.  mplayer and xine are using some questionable
libraries, and rather than stunt them to not use the libraries (which is
difficult enough) and explain to people why xine/mplayer are very different
on RH as compared to other distros, the decision was to not include them at
all, and let the end user assume the questionable legal responsibilities.  I
for one see this as a very good choice.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net