App Menu Icons Dissappeared

So I fired up my trusty laptop today, and to my surprise, my Application
Menu has no icons!  None what-so-ever.  I know its not the *.desktop
files, or the path - some of the .desktop files have the full icon path
in them.  My desktop icons are there, all the icons are present in
/usr/share/pixamps, and all the app icons on the panel itself are
present.  But, when I click on the menu button, or right click on the
panel, any menus that pop-up have no icons!  I have scoured what I feel
are the correct directories, etc. but haven't found anything.

This is affecting any users that login... does anyone have any ideas how
to debug this?

Thanks!

Jed