Re: problem installing Tux Racer from source (rpm *or* tarball)

Elton Woo wrote:

Ah! You've hit the nail on the head. Rechecking, I see I've downloaded the
tuxracer-0.61-19.src.rpm which is from rawhide, and the source of all my
convoluted operations.... :-(

This gives me a loooonnnng list of packages. Thanks for your suggestions,
and please keep them coming. First, I'll get the tuxracer src package from
the Shrike release and see if that one will rebuild, otherwise, I fear I may
make an even greater mess of things by uninstalling libraries. One of
my recent updates was mozilla 1.4b, which required that I remove Evolution....

Elton, I think you should have 2 linux boxes -
One stable box you can count on for your
daily work, and one to experiment with, for
all your rawhide adventures -

Joe