Re: RedHat Linux 9.0

Hi Mike,

I've read that paragraph before and was never fully satisfied with
it.  Besides some bug fixes there isn't much difference between
Red Hat 8.0 and Red Hat 9.  Sure you can say the kernel is "newer"
but anyone can download the latest kernel patch and compile it
on their own machine.  Those kernels are mostly the same anyway,
at least for "normal" users who don't hack kernel code.  I was
hoping that someone would provide me with some more facts
about the differences between these two versions.

I like the movement by Red Hat to try to incorporate the best of the
two worlds when it comes to KDE and Gnome desktop environments.  Its a
great idea and long overdue in the linux world.  Another good thing is
the use of decent looking icons on the desktop.  Its fantastic and
extremely important that they still give the end user the choice
of using KDE, Gnome, Windowmaker or the hybrid Bluecurve Desktop
environments.

Just my 2 cents :-)
~~Nick