Re: ssh V1 / RootLogin disable [was: Building OpenSSH]

At 6/16/2003 09:15 -0700, you wrote:
On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 04:06, shrek-m@xxxxxx wrote:

> does anybody really need
>  RootLogin by default

We do.

        In a typical deployment, our boxes have no local-users except root.
All others are authenticated against a central LDAP server, and their
home-dir is provided by another file-server.

When something breaks, the only way into the box is as root, whether at
the local-console, or from off-site.

OK, valid point. In that case, then, I suggest you "RootLogin without-password" such that no one without the private key and the password can get in. I do allow this on several of my systems.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx