Re: IBM Laptop & RH9?

Am Fre, 2003-06-13 um 03.15 schrieb Bill Nottingham:
> Using APM the only issue I've seen (aside from the one about display
> blanking) is that it occasionally fails to suspend, and when so
> gets stuck in a mode that just needs to be powered off. Haven't
> tracked down the cause of this yet.

I found some more issues: The PCMCI subsystem as well as the IR system
will not "come back" after the laptop is awaken from sleep modus. I've
read elsewhere that this particular model (or the centrino line) does
not use the APM interface, just ACPI. Might be true, I tried Mandrake
which is in some way ACPI enabled, and those problems doesn't occur.

By the way: I suppose Red Hat has disabled ACPI in the kernel
configuration  (sorry, I just can't check it myself, but I can't see a
/proc/acpi tree). Do you know, if it is reasonable to recompile the
kernel with ACPI enabled (just for testing) or will it break a lot of
other things? (Sorry if those questions are OT, but I would like to stay
with RH and I'm looking for workarounds until the issues are officially
fixed).

Thanks for information
Peter