Networking Help

I've read as many books as I can but still a little
confused about what to put where. I have several
questions so bare with a new person here.
The Linux box connected to the Cayman 3546 (this is a
4 port hub as well) will get an IP address from my
ISP, and be assigned in the 192.168 range. I've turned
off the LAN side and want to use Linux as the DHCP
server for the windows boxes.

See picture at http://209.151.74.115/pic/lan.jpg

1. What would be the bare minimum entries into
dhcp.conf?
After reading several pieces on dhcp.conf, this what I
think I need based on using a different range of
private addresses starting with 10.0.0.1:

ddns-update-style interim;
ignore client-updates;

subnet 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {

option routers 10.0.0.1;
option domain-name-servers 10.0.0.1;
option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;

range dynamic-bootp 10.0.0.200 10.0.0.210;
default-lease-time 21600;
max-lease-time 43200;

#Set name server to appear at a fixed address
host ns {
hardware ethernet 00:09:5B:1F:37:94;
}
}

2. Can the Linux box have a host name or just
"localhost"?

3. The manual talks about the dhcpd.conf being in the
/etc directory. Mine is in /etc/log.d/conf/services Is
this right?

In short, I'm looking for the absolute bare minimum to
get this working.

I know these are basic questions to some of you, but
to me this is black magic.

Thanks for your help.