gnome startup problem

I'm having a problem when starting gnome. GDM starts
flawlessly (sp?) but then after I type the user and
password, i get this:

  Could not look up internet address for mightyone.
  This will prevent GNOME from operating correctly.
  It may be possible to correct the problem by adding
  mightyone to the file /etc/hosts.

     *where mightyone is my computer.

the /etd/host file is this:

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost

Also... I have 2 ethernet cards, eth0 and eth1. eth1
is the one included with the motherboard and is also
the one that it's connected to my cable modem. So
during startup I only activate eth1. eth0 is almost
all of the time inactive..

don't know what to do.. that is all the info I can
think of giving so someone can help me.. the question
is.. can anyone help me?

thanks in advance,

Rigo