Re: Problems with PS1 in .bashrc preventing KDE/Gnome from loading

BOF wrote:

I am booting into run level 3 and then starting X to get into KDE.

Your prompt looks pretty in run level 3, but has the same problem as mine: black screen, no KDE.

I don't understand how the PS1 prompt could be the problem. None of the X startup scripts use it AFAIK.

Are you sure there is not something wrong with your XF86Config file?

You say that if you comment out the one line that sets the PS1 variable in your ~/.bashrc that X starts up OK, but when you have it set it doesn't?

Best Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MCSE, N+
Droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe