Re: Major stability issues w/ RedHat 9

Daniel T. Drea wrote

So as someone with an sblive card and some stability trouble, which pci
sound card would you recommend as being stabile and well supported in
linux? I will gladly pay the price of a sound card for more stability :)
BTW, I don't need 3d surround sound, but would like decent drivers for
xine and xmms.

I have had all good experiences with the low
end pci soundblaster cards, which use the
es1370 or es1371 drivers - I usually pick em
up for $12-$15 at computer shows -

Nothing fancy, but they give good decent
sound for quake 3 arena, xmms, and xine -

Joe