Re: Dual Monitors

This one time, at band camp, "Mitch Crane" <tenacious_x@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My problem is, I don't know how to enable my second video card. I'm not
> even sure it's possible. One card is an nVidia GF3 and the other is a
> Voodo3. I've been using the Voodoo3 PCI card for my second monitor with
> various nVidia cards for a few years now in Win2k and XP. It works great
> and I really miss the extra real estate when I'm running Linux.

Not only is it possible, but much fun..
you simply need to edit your XF86Config to reflect the new monitor and
video card. I use a dual head Matrox G450 (will accept upgrade offers) and
xinerama. I have in the past used up to 3 different video cards to run
multiple monitors.

There are some good docs here
http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/Xinerama-HOWTO/

If you have any probs, let us know