Re: why linux might be a tough sell in some markets ...

depends on how you look @ it. To me, it is about "installation", its
about presenting arguments that help to justify (or not) the
installation of Shrike (or any other RH product).

Of course, you could be construed as saying don't use (RH), I for one,
am not saying that. I am a firm supporter of Linux (RH being my distro
of choice since 3.x). What I am saying (and I think others are as well),
is that more thought needs to be given now as to how/when/if we deploy
because of the not so competitive pricing of RH Linux.

What I'd like to see is general discussion as to how Shrike is worth
more (and I like the cost comparisons) than the alternatives.

Tom