Re: Optical mouse bounces around screen

MaC wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 20:40, Philip A. Chapman wrote:
>

>>I have not seen this issue with my Logitech Optical mouse either.  Have
>>you tried it with another machine and/or OS?
>

> I only have Linux, could try it on slackware, my other os I dual boot
> with
>

>>  Perhaps the mouse if
>>faulty.  Also, have you tried using it on surfaces?  I've had problems
>>on darker surfaces before; though that usually causes the mouse to be
>>less responsive and "sticky".
>

> will try it without my black mouse mat.

Bouncing around screen w/ optical - I usualy contributed that to the
IntelliMouse driver with users on a switchbox. Switching TTY's usually cures
the problem. Ctrl+Alt+F1, then Alt+F7 to get back to X, and the problem
disappears.

This may not be your issue, however.
-Rick

--
Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson@xxxxxxxxxx
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc.