Re: Q3A and UT work out of the box on Shrike!

Jim Cable wrote:

For the first time ever I am able to run Q3A and UT on a clean install!
Didn't have to compile a single driver. Seems like eons ago that I
bought my Radeon 8500 and dreamed of the day that I could work AND play
on a completely open source system. Performance in both games isn't the
best but hey they finally run!

Yikes!

I was about to buy an ATI, thinking they
were a viable option. I may have to stick
with nvidia, especially since seeing their
new installer at work on my 7.3 box.

I'm spoiled by the performance and the
stability of the nvidia cards/drivers, and
was very impressed by their release of
drivers for shrike on Monday.

Joe