Re: Quit your bitching

Hiya,

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 19:29, Ed Wilts wrote:

> For the vast majority of users, they didn't.  They paid for priority
> access to ISOs in general.  Red Hat made an *additional* offer of
> getting it up to 7 days early.  I don't believe they claimed that your
> download would complete on April 1st and I'm too lazy to read up on
> their offer letter.

True, there is no guarantee of a completion date. There is a guarantee
for you being able to connect to it though. I have been paying since the
program started, so I am not a newcomer here.

> Let it be known that Red Hat added bandwidth on Monday night to
> accomodate the increased demand.  Either they responded extremely
> quickly or it was already scheduled and their ISP got it to them a day
> late.  I have heard of no complaints today.  In either case, Red Hat did
> the right thing even if they were a day late.  I'm certainly not going
> to file a legal complaint.  If you want, that's your right, but I hope
> they laugh you out of the place.

Well, since I can not connect that would be cause to get my money back?
I like RedHat, and it is my preferred distro. I just do not want smoke
blown at me. They have added more bandwidth true, but apparently not
enough. I have been getting "The document contains no data" or
"Operation timed out" errors. If I could even get a 5K connection would
be nice, but there is none to be had. Have tried from 8 different
broadband connections, different ISP's, all the same.

I guess my only point is stop tossing around about people to quit
bitching, just because you got access, and other paying customers
didn't.

Oh, and when contacted RH, the answer is to "keep trying".

--
Eric Burke <eburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>