Re: What text-mode e-mail client instead on Pine?

On Tuesday 01 April 2003 10:36 pm, Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Steve Snyder wrote:
> > I've been using Pine for many years as a text-mode e-mail client on
> > which I could check the status of my servers.  Given Pine's
> > "deprecated" status in RHL, I'm looking for an alternative.
>
> Why look for an alternative?  Why not just download/compile source
> yourself?  I won't give up pine just because Red Hat has to....or feels
> they have to.

Because I want to be able to sit down at (or SSH into) any box running RHL
and be comfortable using some installed text-based e-mail client.

While I *could* install Pine on my own machines for each RHL release into
the indefinite future, I would be at a loss on anybody else's system
because Pine is the only non-GUI client I am familiar with.