Re: What text-mode e-mail client instead on Pine?

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Steve Snyder wrote:

> > Why look for an alternative?  Why not just download/compile source
> > yourself?  I won't give up pine just because Red Hat has to....or feels
> > they have to.
>
> Because I want to be able to sit down at (or SSH into) any box running RHL
> and be comfortable using some installed text-based e-mail client.
>
> While I *could* install Pine on my own machines for each RHL release into
> the indefinite future, I would be at a loss on anybody else's system
> because Pine is the only non-GUI client I am familiar with.

Oh, OK.  I guess I hadn't thought about that kind of situation.  I didn't
seem very common to me that one would need to send emails from so many
systems.

In any event, it seems hard to guarentee that any UA you pick will be
installed on every system you access....unless you control the install.
And, if you control the install.....

FWIW, being a "Support Engineer" I carry around my notebook and a USB disk
(sometimes only the USB disk).  When a system doesn't have what I
need....it gets it rather quickly.  :-)

Ed

--
http://webcams.greshko.com/  Do you know this man, Peter Boeni?