RE: Quit your bitching

Linux-Lists.Red-Hat.Shrike said:

> They acted unfairly in their marketing efforts, therefore, I filed a
> complaint.  I also mentioned that the complaint was just that.  Only a
> complaint.  Maybe if enough people file a complaint, next time they'll
> get it right.  Or, if no one else files a complaint, they won't do
> anything different.  My complaint was for the record, not for
> compensation in any way.

I don't see how you can complain, since you still have 5 more days before
it is available to the public.  If you quit trying on the first day that
is your problem.  From the RH announcement:

"Starting March 31st at 9am Eastern, you can start downloading Red Hat
Linux 9 ISOs -- a week before they will be generally available in retail
stores or via Red Hat FTP."

> ADDITIONALLY, they also cut off their clients who wished to keep their
> systems up to date.  That had NOTHING to do with getting ISO's early.
> That has everything to do with keeping your systems secure.  That, in my
> opinion, is a much bigger complaint.

I have had no problem using my basic RHN account yesterday or today.
Granted, a free account I tried didn't work, but it is that way for almost
EVERY release, and since it is a demo account, it is expected.

--
William Hooper