Re: Quit your bitching

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Ed Wilts wrote:

> > But this is situation is different from past releases. The people
> > complaining here and now have paid $60 for priority access to the ISOs
> > seven days before general release.
>
> For the vast majority of users, they didn't.  They paid for priority
> access to ISOs in general.  Red Hat made an *additional* offer of
> getting it up to 7 days early.  I don't believe they claimed that your
> download would complete on April 1st and I'm too lazy to read up on
> their offer letter.

Well....I've downloaded 2 out of 3 ISO's.  Disc 2 finished.  However, the
MD5SUM check failed.  I suppose that may be due to the multiple restarts.
I've been trying now for the past 27 hours to get disc 2 to start
downloading again.

> Let it be known that Red Hat added bandwidth on Monday night to
> accomodate the increased demand.  Either they responded extremely
> quickly or it was already scheduled and their ISP got it to them a day
> late.  I have heard of no complaints today.  In either case, Red Hat did
> the right thing even if they were a day late.  I'm certainly not going
> to file a legal complaint.  If you want, that's your right, but I hope
> they laugh you out of the place.

What ever they did....it hasn't helped me in the least.  Don't make
excuses for Red Hat.  What ever they did....they didn't do it soon enough.

> > Anyone who believes they have cause to file a formal complaint with the
> > U.S. Federal Trade Commission may do so at
> > https://rn.ftc.gov/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01
>
> Gimme a friggin' break!

Well, I would think about lodging a complaint.  They do tell you that one
of the "great" deals about paying your $60 is early ISO access.  They also
tell you that you get priority up2date.  I don't believe they are living
up to their side of the contract.  I gave them $60 2 years in a row
now....

I would think about lodging a complaint....but I own stock in Red Hat and
I'd hate to have them pay out a class action settlement.  :-)

Ed

--
http://webcams.greshko.com/  Do you know this man, Peter Boeni?
http://www.shorewall.net/  for all your firewall needs