Re: RH 9.0 - changelog?

On Sat, 2003-03-29 at 14:32, Guy Fraser wrote:

> The following packages have been deprecated, and may be removed from a
> future release of Red Hat Linux:
>
> - pine - License-related issues

	This has been something that's been widely known for a LONG time.  And,
for reasons that i can not fathom, you seem to forget that this is all
Software Libre so that it make no difference whether RH includes pine or
elm or anything since you can easily put it back in yourself.
> - lilo - Grub is the recommended bootloader
>
> I absolutely hate grub! Now this sucks big time!

	Grub has it all over lilo.  The only thing I still need lilo for is the
damned nvidia crap that came on one of the new servers.  And again, if
it's not there from RH you can just put it in yourself.

> Now that pine is gone, there will be no pico. All I am left with is vi.
> I hate emacs, which is bloated and overly complicated for simple editing.

	Oh lord!!!  Have you never even heard of freshmeat?!?  Do you have any
idea of how many pico-like editors there are?  And have you ever looked
at the ungodly number of editors that come with the distro?

	I need to drop this thread.  It's about as productive as spitting in
the ocean.

--
Farewell neighbor.  Thank you for giving us a safe place for so many
years.