Re: Redhat 8.0 and 2Gb RAM

Dimitri Deserranno wrote:

Hi Randy and Doug,

does the bigmem kernel also work with dual processors? Note that memory is recognized by the kernel, however, machine runs unstable. I currently have smp kernel installed.

Thanks,
Dimi.

Yes, it has smp support, but it's setup for the Intel i686 Processors. You should be OK if you are running the smp kernel for the athlon. I may have missed it, but did you ever say which version of the kernel you are running? ( uname -r )