Redhat 8.0 and 2Gb RAM

Hi,

I have a Athlon dual processor system with 1Gb RAM on which I ran Redhat 7.2

Now, I wanted to upgrade to Redhat 8.0 (downloaded on Feb 13, 2003) and add an additional 1Gb RAM.
However, with 2Gb RAM my system locks up during the install. If I remove the additional memory, I can install without problems.
So I tried to add the memory afterwards. The memory was recognized by the kernel. However, this morning my machine locked up again.

Since my computational work requires the additional memory I wonder if anyone could help me out. I'd be more than happy to supply you with additional information.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Dimi.

Dimitri Deserranno, PhD candidate

Department of Biomedical Engineering - Case Western Reserve University
Email: dimitri.deserranno@cwru.edu

Department of Cardiovascular Medicine - Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Phone: (216) 444 - 5315
Email: deserrd@ccf.org