Re: Redhat 8.0 and 2Gb RAM

Dimitri Deserranno wrote:

Hi Randy and Doug,

does the bigmem kernel also work with dual processors? Note that memory is recognized by the kernel, however, machine runs unstable. I currently have smp kernel installed.

I just went to the archives and read these threads, and I have some more ideas. I have seen problems like this when mixing ram that has different access times. You said in one message that the memory you added was working in another machine?

Since you are using athlons, I assume this is either DDR or SDRAM? Do you know the access times, and can you give us more details about the motherboard and type of memory? Is your BIOS up to date?