RE: How to configure applications to use CUPS ?

Applications usually use the lpr or lp commands to print.
that command is actually nowadays a link to the true command.
for cups, the true command is lp<whatever>.cups
so /usr/bin/lpr is a link to /usr/bin/lpr.cups

Does anybody know what is the gui app/conf.file that deals with this
link?