Re: Flash Player Confusion

Michael, Dave, bob, Derek, Robert & Bob,

First, many thanks for the time and expertise offered me by so many of you in an attempt to solve this problem. I sincerely appreciate the effort made.

Clearly, trying to force the installation program to behave is not the right course in this case so, as has been suggested, I've gone ahead and copied the appropriate files into /usr/lib/mozilla-1.0.1/plugins as root from a terminal. A cursory look at the install script after the fact would seem to suggest that it may have had a destination directory in mind that had no resemblance whatsoever to anything on this machine. God knows why when the download site specifically alleges testing with Red Hat 8.0. In any event, the strange blue figures have ceased to appear and that's what we were after anyway.

Regards to you all.

John Lowell