Re: Flash Player Confusion

Derek Martin wrote:

Incidentally, I just downloaded Flash 6, and installed it using the
install script. The question that it asks is this:

Please enter the installation path of the Mozilla, Netscape,
or Opera browser (i.e., /usr/lib/mozilla): /usr/lib/mozilla-1.2.1

Note that it does not want to know where you want the plugins
installed; it asks where mozilla is installed. If you specify the
plugins directory, it will fail.

Unfortunately, this also means that if you want to install the flash
plugin in the version-neutral plugin directory
(/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins), you can't use the install script. You'll
have to copy them there manually. I've sent them a message
complaining about this. :)

- -- Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/
GPG Key ID: 0xDFBEAD02

Hi Derek,

You've probably already seen my most recent message to the list. I'm pleased that you've raised a complaint about this question. As I mentioned, they allege thorough testing with Red Hat 8.0. At this point, I find that claim hard to believe.

Best regards!

John Lowell