Flash Player Confusion

Once I'd gotten Red Hat 8.0 installed last Fall and had started to browse with Mozilla, I'd occasionally notice those strange blue figures on some site that, once you clicked on them, would notify you that you needed Flash Player to view the page properly. I lived with these odd figures until yesterday when I determined I'd install Flash Player and be done with it. Via Help -> Plugins in the Mozilla menu bar, I eventually reached the place to obtain install_flash_player_6_linux.tar.gz and downloaded it. I unpacked it according to the ReadMe instructions and typed ./flashplayer-installer to run the installer. Things moved along as expected until the installation asked me for a destination directory. I gave back /usr/bin/mozilla, precisely where Mozilla is located, but the installer kept repeating the question. I'm confused; should I be installing somewhere else?

John Lowell