Email and printing

I just set up RH 8 from scratch (very little previous Linux experience).
I have three questions...

1. Has anyone successfully gotten a Xerox XE90fx workcenter to print? I
don't care about the scanning, but I do need to be able to print. I have
tried both Cups and lpr and can't even get a test page...

2. I have tried to set up my modem connection and can't get the modem to
respond. So email doesn't work.

3. Is there any way to get my Xp bootloader to load Linux? I am using a
floppy to start Linux now. I installed on a second hard drive using grup
and told it not to replace the MBR (as someone told me to do).

Sigh. All this would have taken me a half hour to set up in Windows...

Lester Bauman

* USE THE PEAK SOLUTIONS SYSTEM EDITOR
   FOR EMAIL-ONLY INTERNET CONNECTIONS