Re: browsing mount points within automount maps

On 08:00 11 Dec 2002, Tom Georgoulias <tom.georgoulias@motorola.com> wrote:
| Tommy McNeely wrote:
| >>Browseability is available on Solaris autofs.  It doesn't create mount
| >>storms either.  This feature may/may not show up in the v5 release:
|
| >hehe... if you use Star Office 6.0 or Nautilus it does :)
|
| Thanks for the heads up.  We aren't using Nautilus, but some folks are
| using SO6.  I'm glad I've been warned.  :)

It's usually the "rummage around the directory contents for subdirs
so I can put those stupid [+] marks beside directories with subdirs"
misfeature.  Windows Explorer does it too, big time, and we see this on
our samba shares.

It's especially cool when some workstation is offline and a user has a
symlink to a dir on said machine. Explorer blocks for the hapless Windows
user yet UNIX folks can look in the directory with happiness. Thanks Bill.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        cs@zip.com.au    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

My perception was/is that while the rest of the computer world was striving
for Fault Tolerant Software, Micro$oft was working on Fault Tolerant Users.
- Charlie Gibbs