Re: browsing mount points within automount maps

On 08:21 10 Dec 2002, Tom Georgoulias <tom.georgoulias@motorola.com> wrote:
| >Generally I have found that it is better to ask yourself _exactly_ why
| >you want this facility (yes I know it'd be "nice"); there is usually a
| >better or at least alternative way to get the information you want.
|
| "Tom, why do you want this?"
|
| "Since it is the right way to deal with the problem at hand, I'd like
| the ability to browse directories mounted by automount."
|
| Seriously, this feature is relied upon by my users and I'd like to set
| up my RHL system to behave in as similar a fashion as my other unix
| systems do.  They've already complained quite a bit about it and I
| wanted to try and make it easier on them.

Time to make some symlink trees then. Shell automation is your friend.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        cs@zip.com.au    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

| Alain van der Heide                      |  This is the way the world ends  |
| avdh@dazixco.ingr.com                    |  This is the way the world ends  |
| "The opinions expressed above are mine-  |  This is the way the world ends  |
| mineminemine, and you can't have them."  |  Not with a bang, but with a whi

segmentation fault
core dumped