Re: Weird RH-Lokkit message

On Monday 09 December 2002 12:19, Cedric Chausson wrote:
> I'm not only asking this out of the blue. I'm currently trying to
> figure out why people can't connect to my webserver from the Internet
> when I'm able to do so from my LAN. To this end, I tried an ACCEPT ALL
> policy as shown on this report but to no avail. I'm suspecting its a
> firewall thing since my server adress is good. A telnet on the 80 port
> is refused. So I'm wondering if this could be due to RH-Lokkit ? Or
> maybe to something else ?

lokkit's settings may be being used after init.  You shouldn't mess w/ init to
add your custom rules.  Look at /etc/sysconfig/iptables, as lokkit rules
might be set here.  You can flush all rules, set your own, then use: service
iptables save  to save your rules to /etc/sysconfig/iptables, which will be
used each time iptables is started.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
For Web Services and Linux Consulting, Visit --> j2Solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: