Re: wireless card frequently hanging up

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Rik Thomas wrote:

Take a look in your /var/log/messages right after this happens. I get
this problem quite regularly with my wpc11 card. Something about bap
overrun or something plus tons of messages about Tx and Rx.
Restarting network works just fine for me and if you do it fast
enough, ssh sessions and the like won't break.

I have the most recent firware and also use the same method as you
from oldcrank.

yup, i should have looked there the first time. zillions of
messages of the form:

kernel: eth0: Error -110 writing packet to BAP
... Tx descriptor to BAP

... last message repeated tens of thousands of times ...

so is there a fix? perhaps switch to the wlan-ng stuff from
oldcrank?

rday

Unless your card is a prism card 2.0, 2.5, or 3 don't switch to wlan-ng. Only prism devices are supported.

Cheers--
Charles