Re: Weird RH-Lokkit message

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Cedric Chausson wrote:

<..snip..>

> I find this a bit weird since I'm using a firewall script of my own
> which I have  put into init.d and I make no mention to RH-Lokkit in it.
> So why is there still mention of it ?
>
> I'm not only asking this out of the blue. I'm currently trying to
> figure out why people can't connect to my webserver from the Internet
> when I'm able to do so from my LAN. To this end, I tried an ACCEPT ALL
> policy as shown on this report but to no avail. I'm suspecting its a
> firewall thing since my server adress is good. A telnet on the 80 port
> is refused. So I'm wondering if this could be due to RH-Lokkit ? Or
> maybe to something else ?
>
> Thanks in advance,

 Hi Sir
  I'm myself a Noos client in France, Paris.

  This firm recently decided to filter the 80 www server port, in order to
not allowing their clients, to use their computers as www servers.

  So the www port is now filtered by Noos.
  It's annoying, and it's not true for all the Noos network, but the more
time will go, the more it will become true, probably.

  Sorry to give you a bad news.

  Jean Francois Ortolo