Re: USB Removable Media Device Errors

On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 00:43, Andrew Dietz wrote:
[snip]
> scsi: device set offline - not ready or command retry failed after bus
> reset: host

The above message looks suspicious.

> I have researched all over the Internet for errors relating to
> block-major-2 not being found, and there seems to be plenty of
> references for this error, but I could not find a solution. Don't know
> if this is important, but I *am* able to mount external USB hard drives
> to this same system and mount it as /dev/sda1 without any extra work...

I don't have one of these superdrives, but I have several USB mass
storage devices.  Some that are "macintosh compatible" mount from
/dev/sda4 and the others at /dev/sda1.  Maybe you could try /dev/sda4.

Otherwise, you might want to contact the fine folks at the Linux USB
project:  http://www.linux-usb.org/

Best Regards,
Keith
--