Re: Ok mis wording the problem w/ 8.0

On Thursday 21 November 2002 18:07, David Durst wrote:
> Ok, I see your point.
> But no one said that they HAD to support it.
> But they don't control 97% of the software they distribute anyways.
> So the major difference is that they can see the source, uuuuuuuuuh
> anyone ask IBM for a VM under the IBM Shared Source license?
> I would be hard pressed to believe they would say no.

Unfortionatly, not everybody reads the fine print, and "included in the box"
eludes to "supported".  Especially if the only way to get that "exras" cd was
to purchase the box, and by the software you want to see in it, this would be
the only way, then there would be some very upset customers that paid $$ for
software that they can't get support on.

--
Jesse Keating
For Web Services and Linux Consulting, Visit --> j2Solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: