RH8.0 Bug w/ PHP - Still need help

Has anybody done a PHP recompile yet with RH 8.0 with the SRC RPM's??

I need to find out how to force the SPEC file to see sendmail. I have
already tried

--with-sendmail=/usr/bin/sendmail    AND
--with-sendmail-dir=/usr/bin

NO LUCK!

I am using RH 8.0 with sendmail. I needed to install PHP with mhash
support and have recompiled it. After installing the new RPM binaries,
I noticed I lost support for the mail() function.

When I re-compiled, I noticed that the logs said that it didn't find
sendmail, But sendmail is in its default RH8.0 RPM location
/usr/sbin/sendmail

I have also tried recompiling default PHP rpms WITHOUT  mhash support with
the default SRC PHP RPM's. I receive the same problem. It seems if anybody
recompiles PHP SRC rpm's they will wind up with out sendmail support.

This is how I am recompiling...

rpmbuild -bp php-blah.spec 1>bp.log

-then-

rpmbuild -bb php-blah.spec 1>bb.log

I receive these errors.
[joel@mail SPECS]$ cat bb.log | grep sendmail
checking for sendmail... no
checking for sendmail... no
Installing Mail/sendmail.php
Installing Mail/sendmail.php

Any suggestions on how to fix this or point PHP in the right direction
of where sendmail is located??

--
Respectfully,
Joel Webb